Friday, May 27, 2011

Unemployment is the new norm

Summary: “Even as the economy recovers, the days of 5% unemployment may be gone for good."


Of course. A "new norm" to cover for the failure of Keynesian based Obamanomics.

*

B.S. Make me president with a Republican House and Senate and I would have unemployment down to 7% and possibly 6% by the end of my term.

How? By using government to encourage growth rather than punishing growth, by cutting and streamlining taxes and by taking steps to bring jobs back to the U.S. that have fled the country. But it would not work with the same anti-business Democrats controlling one chamber of Congress so my promise would only be good if you give me GOP majorities in both chambers.

*

We are hiring at my work and we’re having a tough time filling positions. But we’re seeking people with skills. Many of the unemployed today are unskilled.

*

Remember the dimrats and their press howling about 5% unemployment under GW Bush?

*

Lower the corporate tax rate from the highest in the world at 35% to 0%.

That will cause foreign companies to set up their factories and offices in this country to avoid paying the higher taxes in their own countries. It's reversing the phenomenon that caused American companies to move jobs overseas.

But you need republicans in the White House and the congress to do it because it's against Marxist principles to do such a thing.

2 comments:

  1. "Make me president with a Republican House and Senate and I would have unemployment down to 7% and possibly 6% by the end of my term.

    How? By using government to encourage growth rather than punishing growth, by cutting and streamlining taxes and by taking steps to bring jobs back to the U.S. that have fled the country. But it would not work with the same anti-business Democrats controlling one chamber of Congress so my promise would only be good if you give me GOP majorities in both chambers."

    Funny thing is, that sounds like it could have been (and probably will be) said by each and every Republican candidate ever.
    It also has absolutely no real practical proposals. It's all the same vaporous 'tax cuts,' 'encourage growth,' 'bring jobs back' bullshit.

    Vote for Me! I know all the buzzwords!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the guy who talks about Marxists and corporate tax rates. I'm pretty sure a Marxist system would not allow corporations to begin with, so that wouldn't really be an issue. There would be no corporate tax rate.

    ReplyDelete